Sunday, February 13, 2011

What does it take to get us off the couch?

                                                                                                    Reading Reaction Journal #2
ReferenceLindell R. (2011, January 26). What does it take to get us off the couch?   For Postmedia News Retrieved January 27, 2011, from http://www.vancouversun.com/business/What+does+take+couch/4172026/story.html

Summary:
          In this article, the author focuses on a study which shows the importance of exercise and how it affects our health. The researcher encourages people to do sport activity continually to prevent suffering from different diseases. Furthermore, she tries to explain the true meaning of exercises and to make connection between the exercises and with what people are doing in their life.  She mentioned many examples in this study to support her idea. Finally, the author put two schedules to show how people are able to arrange their responsibilities and do exercise.    


Reaction
          Before I started to read this article, I thought it might be boring because it was not short. However, I began to read it and the first thing that got my attention was the title. There were many points that raised my admiration for this article. The first point was success of the author in choosing the title that makes me read this article to see what is the ways to make us far away from the medical treatment are. The other point, the author said there were not ages to stop or to start doing the sport activities to stay in a healthy body even if you are not athletic. While reading this article, I remembered when I had a backache and I was not able to sleep; so, I went to the doctor and he said you should do some exercises to reduce your pain; I executed the doctor's advice and I felt better. But I stopped doing the exercises because I felt it was an order, not like advice. I felt happy when I read "I think the word `should' should be expunged from the English language". You cannot do anything if you do not like to do it. Furthermore, the author mentioned a very important point when he talked about the time. It is a real problem which faces any person who wants to do the exercise. I got new information about the benefit of the exercises from this article and from the reading in our core book. Finally, he also said we should rearrange our life schedule to do these exercises. Therefore, I will try to manage my time to do some exercises and to protect myself from different diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment